We may collect and process information about you/your children that you/your children provide to us through your use of the Site.
Our Site is designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information.
If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this site and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
If we believe a child using this site is under 18 we will not process any personal information of that child without the consent of the parent or guardian. If the user is 18 or over we will only collect and process personal information as the long as we believe the user understands what is involved.
We will not disclose information collected from children under the age of 18 to anyone else without the consent of a parent or guardian.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect personal information from you when you/your children participate in, access or sign up to any of the site’s activities, online content, newsletters, competitions or respond to communications from us. We may collect the following personal information:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- children’s name(s); and
- children’s date(s) of birth;
How we may use your/your children’s personal information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your/your children’s personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to provide information about our services, activities and online content which may be tailored to your/your children’s individual tastes;
- to contact prize winners of competitions;
- to send out newsletters you/your children have subscribed to;
- to complete any purchases you make through the Site;
- to provide you/your children with services that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you/your children (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you/your children – you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time; and
- where you have given your consent, to pass your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your/your children’s personal information. to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your/your children’s personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your/your children’s personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
The requirements of Data Protection Laws
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your/your children’s personal information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your/your children’s personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will not transfer your/your children’s personal information to any country unless safeguards are in place to protect your/your children’s personal information to the standards that apply within the EU.
We may use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your computer until you close your browser at which point they are deleted. These enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don’t get asked for the same information you’ve already given to the site and provide you with a good experience; and
- Persistent or stored cookies that remain permanently on the cookie file of your computer.
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it, for example recording details of pages relating to particular products and services that you have visited on our website.
Third party sites
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that we hold about you and regularly review our security measures to consider new technologies and methods, to safeguard your data. Please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and we consequently cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we receive over the Internet.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you/your children at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10).
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you/your children free of charge.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.